Nothing says says childhood like a cold, jiggly, fruity, gelatinous mouthful of jello. I suppose it could also remind you of hospital rooms, the flu, strep throat, tonsillitis, and ear infections.
I am going to do everyone a giant solid and UNITE The optimists and pessimists of the world. Whether jello makes you think of the good old days or being miserable, I am going to let you in on my FAVORITE way to eat it.
- My favorite herbal tea (I use 3 tea bags for about 3-4 cups of water)
- A dash of turmeric (I used what I got from Trader Joe’s)
- About a tsp of beet powder that I scoop myself in bulk.
- Frozen organic blueberries. (I got these at Trader Joe’s)
- Great Lakes unflavored gelatin
- In a sauce pan add 3-4 cups of water along with 3 tea bag of your choice (caffeine free).
- Add a dash of turmeric, and beet powder if you have it. If not, maybe add some cinnamon or ginger…
- turn the heat on high. When it starts to boil, turn the heat off and remove the tea bags. Remove the pan from the hot surface.
- Add three tablespoons of grass fed gelatin. Immediately be ready to blend with your immersion blender and blend the gelatin so it doesn’t get all gunky and chunky. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you have your immersion blender pointed down so the hot liquid doesn’t splatter all over the place.
Once everything is all nice and blended, you will pour into a glass pyrex pan that you have already coated the bottom of with frozen blueberries. Put in the fridge and let cool.
Your taste buds, tummies, and joints will be soooo happy!