I LOVE to cook. I take pride in what I make. What kills me is watching people just chow down mindlessly and not even realize what they just put in their mouths.
I don’t make as much fish as I would like, since my husband doesn’t like the smell of fish in the prepping stages. I was determined to figure out a way to make it so he had NO idea what was happening right under his nose AND it would happen in that fantastical pressure cooker of mine.
So how was I to slow the pace of eating and get my husband to eat more fish? DUH!!! Make it look like a nice present.
WHO DOESN’T LIKE SOMETHING ALL WRAPPED UP IN A NICE PACKAGE? If I put all my efforts into making a tasty and healthy meal, why not work a little to open that meal up.
- 1 medium Parsnip (finely diced)
- 1 medium carrot (finely diced)
- 1 small white yam (peeled like ribbons)
- 1 small sweet onion ( chopped small)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger
- 2 shakes of the turmeric
- 4 shakes of the Five Spice Powder
- 1 full can of Organic coconut milk
- a little olive oil to saute onions (tbsp)
- 1 mango
- collard green or cabbage or some hardy green for wrapping.
Saute onions, garlic, and ginger in olive oil. Add in the rest of the veggies and add the coconut milk, turmeric and 5 spice powder.