Sometimes you want to snack on veggies that are more than just a plain old veggie right? They should have a little pop and pizzazz! You should be excited to have a tiny bowl to munch on here and there or see them on the side of your plate waiting for you to devour!
While I was a Whole Foods, They had a container of shredded cabbage, onion and carrots. I am a sucker for things like this. Why? HAVE YOU SHREDDED YOUR OWN CABBAGE LATELY? IT’S A PAIN IN THE BUTT!!! OH… AND THAT PART THAT PART ABOUT CLEANING UP AFTER?! Oh the agony!!!!!
- Shredded Cabbage/carrot slaw
- If it doesn’t come with onion, make sure to have finely chopped onion
- Raw hemp seeds (1/4 cup)
- Organic coconut oil
- garlic ( 1-2 cloves)
- Teriyaki Coconut Aminos
- Just a dash of dried oregano (I mean just a dash)
- Optional Cayenne pepper
- In a pan, saute garlic and coconut oil.
- Add the onions. If the onions are already in the cabbage/carrot slaw, then add the package of slaw. Make sure everything is getting nice and soft, but not soggy.
- Add a dash of oregano.
- Add the drizzle of teriyaki aminos. (don’t add too much or else it will be too sweet.
- I kept the temp. on medium close to high…..I didn’t want it to burn….just prevent it from getting soggy…you want cooked to bronzed. Stir frequently.
- Add in the Hemp seeds. Mix everything up more.
- Once everything is evenly mixed and cooked, turn heat off. If you want a little spice, add some cayenne pepper.
- This is a great snack, or is great with the White Fish.