I know I know! The title is quite the mouthful. However, it is one tasty mouthful!
As many of you know, I would rather indulge in sweets that are sweetened only with real foods as opposed to sugar or any type of sweetening agent regardless of how beneficial it can be for you.
I wanted something creamy. I WANTED PUDDING! Unfortunately for my husband, I wasn’t in the mood for chocolate. (Sorry Jordan)!
I wanted bright flavors. Maybe that would help bring back the warm weather! Bananas will sweeten things up. Carrots are sweet. Mangoes are sweet too. Turmeric is great especially when eaten with a good fat like a full fat coconut milk. Now that my idea was blossoming in my head, it was time to make this recipe come to fruition.
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk. I used Trader Joe’s Organic Coconut Milk.
- 1 organic carrot (not pictured)
- 1/2 cup organic frozen mango
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp of Great Lakes Kosher Gelatin
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of organic vanilla extract (not pictured)
- Boil your large carrot until soft.
- Let cool and then put in your blender along with mango, coconut milk and banana.
- once everything is blended, pour into a sauce pan and let it heat up until it is super hot. (right before it would boil). YOU SHOULD BE STIRRING GENTLY.
- Add in your vanilla, turmeric, and gelatin.
- turn the stove off and remove pan from the hot surface.
- take an immersion blender and carefully blend the gelatin and get rid of any clumps. DO THIS VERY CAREFULLY SO THAT YOU DON’T SPLATTER YOURSELF!!! Keep the blender part faced down and just do a little bit at a time so you avoid any mess or splashing hot liquid.
- Once everything is blending pour into small bowls and place in the refrigerator to cool.