This weekend was all about color and pop! I have been on a painting rampage and finally finished part one of these double doors that I have been working on.
How can you not cook something bold and full of flavor when this door is screaming at you in your kitchen?
You are going to need a big saute pan or whatever you would use to do a stir fry.
- 1 large and finely cut parsnip
- 1 medium and finely cut rutabaga
- 1 sweet onion diced small
- 1/2 finely chopped fennel
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp of cumin (depending your tastes)
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- olive oil to coat the pan
- 1.5 tablespoons of teriyaki coconut aminos
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1/2 cup of cut up red seedless grapes (I know it sounds weird, but trust me!)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of hemp seeds
- In your pan, put olive oil, garlic, onions, fennel and rutabaga and parsnip. I cooked these on medium/high until everything was soft and evenly cooked.
- add in cumin, turmeric, and a little more olive oil if needed.
- add in your arugula, coconut aminos, cut up grapes and hemp seeds.
- put the lid on your pan and turn stove on low and cook for about 5 mins so all the flavors meld together.
- The grapes help add a little sweetness to the bite of the rutabaga and the peppery flavor of the arugula.