The weather is FINALLY getting consistently warmer which means that grilling is here.
I love to grill and I love a good marinade. This weekend my grill was a little under the weather, so the chicken that I was marinating ended up going into the pressure cooker. It was still AMAZING!!!!!
The good news for the marinade is:
- It is good for chicken or fish. I am not a big pig person, so if you try it any you like it, let me know what you think.
- If you add water and make a thinner consistency, it makes for a great salad dressing. So play around with it.
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 3 tbsp of organic creamed coconut
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- 1/2 cup mango (I used organic frozen mango cubes from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup water
Everything went into the blender. I used this to marinade 4 lbs of chicken breasts and 4 lbs of chicken thighs. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!