I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!!! I know it is very easy to give in to the holiday temptations, but if we can have options that taste amazing and prevent us from feeling guilty the next day, than why not?! I am not suggesting that everyone eat and drink perfectly all the time… yes I am…KIDDING I AM NOT! If we are to let loose, let’s chose our battles wisely.
This dish is a great thing to bring to someone’s house or serve to your family. One of the great things about this dish is that it can be done with pretty much any vegetable especially things that you need to use up or something you need to decide what to do last minute.
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced with a mandolin
- 1 parsnip peeled and sliced with a mandolin
- 2 bags of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Teriyaki Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/2 cup organic creamed coconut
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Layer the vegetables and crumble in a baking dish or casserole dish. I put a little olive oil on the bottom of the pan and layered veggie then crumble over and over until the last layer was crumble.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 40 mins at 375. (I did mine at 400. Everyone’s oven is different, so to be safe I say 375. If you want to get crazy go 400).
- Take the foil off and bake for another 15ish mins so it gets crispy on top.