My husband is a chocoholic so making dessert means that I have to have a one track mindset. Let’s face it… If it isn’t chocolate, it doesn’t count.
Summer time is the perfect time for pies. Cherry pies can be too gloppy and goopy. Apple pies always make me think of Fall. Chocolate Cream Pie always hits the spot on a nice hot summer day. It’s cool, refreshing and always decadent..
The great thing about this recipe is that you can you can indulge and feel like you are doing something incredibly sinful without feeling any remorse.
Pie Crust: Please refer to: https://bisselofthisandthat.com/2016/06/06/pie-crust/
(If you want to sub out dates in place of the raisins to make it a little richer and and in a handful of hazelnuts you will get a richer tasting crust.)
Ingredients For Filling:
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Organic Creamed Coconut
- 1 1/2 cup organic pitted dates
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 6 tbsp golden flax meal (If you want to use grass fed gelatin, use 2-3 tbsp)
- Place everything into your blender and blend until everything is crazy smooth.
- Pour into your already your pie crust and then bake for about 25-30 mins at 350. Place in the fridge to cool before cutting.