I love a good muffin. I have been working on getting the right consistency for a few days now and I FINALLY got the outcome I have been looking for.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can any cut up fruit. I have been having a love affair with peaches however, I did try it with mangoes and it worked just fine! If you use gelatin , do NOT use pineapple).
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup of Banana flour
- 1 cup of cut up frozen peaches
- 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 7-10 pitted dates (depending on your preference)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of grassfed gelatin (I like Great Lakes Kosher Beef gelatin) and 6 tbsp of water
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (I use Califa Farms )
- 1/4-1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut… plus a little more for the top.
In your blender or food processor:
- Put all of your ingredients in with the EXCEPTION of your shredded COCONUT and your PEACHES.
- Blend well.
- You might have to take a spatula and push down whatever flew up on the sides and pulse a few more times.
- Once everything is blended well, remove blade.
- Fold in shredded coconut and cut up frozen peaches.
- Spoon into cupcake/muffin papers or make sure to spray your muffin tins. (Batter will be kind of thick).
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Bake on 350 for about 30 mins.
Once they come out of the oven, take them out of the muffin tins and let them cool in the fridge. It will be very tempting to want to cut into one, but they won’t be settled yet. They will need a good 4 hours in the fridge before you even think about trying them. It will be very tempting. Contain yourselves. These ingredients need complete respect. Let them get their beauty sleep in the fridge!!! Trust me!
If you want a vegan version you can use 2 or 3 tablespoons of fax meal instead of the gelatin and 6-9 tablespoons of water.