This concoction will make the best addition to your mashed yams, cauliflower, yucca, or taro root.
Omit the savory flavors and add a couple dates and you will feel like you are indulging in some sweet ricotta.
- 1 cup of raw cashews.
- 1 chunk of unsweetened creamed coconut (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 1-2 tablespoons of white horseradish
- 1/2-3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (I prefer Califa farms)
*optional ingredients: cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, etc.
- Soak cashews in water for about 2 hours. (the longer the better).
- In a a really good blender or small attachment piece of your food processor, put your drained cashews, unsweetened creamed coconut, and white horseradish.
- Pulse until ingredients are pasty.
- Add in about 1/4 cup of the almond milk and pulse.
- Add in the remainder of the almond milk and blend until everything is super creamy. It may need just a touch more almond milk.