I took a long hiatus from all mushrooms because, I didn’t think they were beneficial to me and my leaky gut. It has been several years since I had eaten them on a regular basis and I was ready to dive back into one of my favorite foods!
This week I decided to reintroduce the portobello mushroom and stuff them. One thing is for sure, If my husband devoured them, I know you will too!
- 8-10 portobello mushrooms. (If you don’t want to get that many, you can just make turkey burgers with the remainder of the filling.)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped up small
- 2 lbs of ground turkey breast
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you like it… I used one clove)
- 1 tsp of white horseradish
- 4 small sweet potato, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 small carrot peeled and cut in chunks
- insides of the portobello mushroom chopped up
- 4 tbsp of flax meal plus a little extra to sprinkle on top
- Coconut Cashew Cream
- Make your Coconut Cashew Cream and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Bake for about 20-22 mins.