I refuse to come to terms with the fact that the weather is slowly changing. In the mean time, during this whole summer I have been without my ice cream maker and all of a sudden I had this strong urge to make ice cream…go figure!
I wasn’t about to wait around and sulk about this situation. I was going to make ice cream come hell or high water. This flavor was in honor of my chocoholic husband.
- 1/2 cup of soaked dates
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of unsweetened creamed coconut
- 1 tbsp of grass fed gelatin
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- In a small bowl (I use a small bowl that could hold soup) soak dates until you are ready to put everything in the blender.
- In a saucepan put 1 cup of water and 1 cup of unsweetened creamed coconut and gently stir on medium heat until creamed coconut is completely melted.
- Right before it boils, turn off heat and add in the grass fed gelatin and whisk until it is completely dissolved.
- Remove from sauce pan from heat.
- Add in cacao powder and whisk in.
- Add in vanilla and whisk.
- Add in min extract and whisk.
- In blender add the dates.
- Add in the almond milk.
- Add in the almond butter.
- Add in the contents from the sauce pan and blend.
- Pour into a container that can be put into the freezer.
- Once frozen, let thaw for a few mins or put in microwave to soften up a bit. SOOOO delicious.