I can’t stop making Ice Cream!!! I also have a slight obsession with Matcha green tea powder. I figured that since I know I have been playing around with it in jello, I might as well try my hand with it in ice cream. And while I am at it, why not add in a vegetable..WTF?!
- 1/2 cup of soaked dates
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of unsweetened creamed coconut
- 1 tbsp of grass fed gelatin
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 chioggia beet
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp of matcha powder
- In a small bowl (I use a small bowl that could hold soup) soak dates until you are ready to put everything in the blender.
- In a sauce pan combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of unsweetened creamed coconut. Whisk on medium heat until everything is melted down.
- Right before it boils, turn off heat and add in the grass fed gelatin. Whisk until it is completely blended in.
- Add in the matcha and mix until blended in completely.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and whisk.
- In the blender combine the contents of saucepan as well as boiled beet, dates, and banana, and 1 cup of almond milk.
- Blend until everything is thoroughly blended.