Fridays are normally my grocery shopping days. Some people know what they want and they can go in and out of a store in minutes without a problem. I go with the intention of doing just that.
However, I get very distracted by all the beautiful vegetables and fruit. So much so that I spend time googling them to find out how you even cut into them and what their benefits are. Grocery shopping is pretty much part getting what I need, part trying something new, part inspiration, and part window shopping.
Before I know it, the time has passed me by and I need to scurry home and start thinking about what I should be making for dinner. At this point the thought of cooking is just exhausting, since I am coming off a visual overload!
Think quick, colorful, hearty, and tasty.
- 1 package of Butternut squash noodles (picked up at Whole Foods. I have yet to get the big spiralizer!)
- Half a chopped red onion
- Thin cut asparagus. (whatever comes in a rubber banded pack.)
- about a cup thinly cut carrots.
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic depending on taste.
- fresh dill to taste.
- 3-4 tbsp of coconut aminos.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- I threw in a shaved fennel since I am obsessed with shaved sauteed fennel.
- 4 tbsp of avocado oil.
Saute your veggies. Once they are soft and slightly browned, toss in your butternut squash noodles. Gently toss around until the veggies are mixed .
I was craving some red meat since it has been a while. I cooked up some grass fed beef…
I added the beef to the veggies and it became a deliciously complete meal.