I was at my sister’s house and she made herself a tuna melt. It instantly brought me back to my childhood and I couldn’t get that craving out of my head.
I went to Whole Foods in search for some inspiration. I found a vegan mozzarella that claimed that it melted. There was one ingredient that I wasn’t so wild about, but I bought it anyway just to see what the flavor and the consistency was like. When heated, it melted on the sides a bit and got soft in the center. I figured I could play around with this and try to recreate this myself rather than pay $7.00 for a small package of this again.
- 1.5 cups soaked cashews. (soak for 2 or more hours then drain before using.)
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- half of a small squeezed lemon
- 1 and 1/4 tsp coconut flour
- Put everything in your blender and blend until everything is completely smooth.
- pour contents in plastic wrap and wrap tightly and put in fridge for 12-24 hours to harden up a bit so you can slice.
Spaghetti squash lasagna. The picture on the right is before it went into the oven. The close up picture on the left you can see the cheese is melty on the sides and underneath and soft in the center. It is just like the one I got from the store. It tastes awesome too!