Most kids want mac and cheese, pizza, and chicken fingers. If you asked me when I was a kid what my favorite dishes were I would probably list them as the following:
- Pesto Tortellini
- Eggplant or zucchini parmesan (light sauce)
- white pizza with eggplant/ spinach and or broccoli
There seems to be a trend here… CHEESE!! BREAD or THINGS THAT ARE BREADED! This just gives me the warm fuzzies and makes me feel like I am going to break out in hives at the same time.
I decided that since I already know how to make herb cheese and I know how to make crusty zucchini noodles, I should bring back to life a version of one of my favorite childhood dishes.
- 3 medium sized zucchini
- cashew cheese
- fresh baby spinach
- basil, oregano, Trader Joe’s Every day seasoning (all to taste)
- garlic (2 cloves)
- flax meal (3/4 cup)
- avocado oil
- cubed boneless skinless chicken breast (1-2 lbs)
- Have your cashew cheese ready: https://bisselofthisandthat.com/2017/01/16/say-cheese/ In this batch, add some herbs like basil or oregano.
- With a spiralizer, make zucchini noodles.
In your frying pan, coat the bottom with a little avocado oil and make little zucchini patties with your hand and place in the warmed pan. It should be at medium heat. Cook them so they are browned on both sides. If you flatten them a bit that is fine.
Place a few pieces of spinach on top of the patties and sprinkle some dried oregano on top of that. Then put a thin layer of cashew cheese over the spinach and oregano.
layer the chicken over the cashew cheese and follow it up with either more spinach and then cheese or just more cheese. (It all depends on how stable your tower is.)
If you wanted a vegetarian option, it would be great with either extra spinach or adding a portobello mushroom in the center.