Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. This past Friday, I went grocery shopping with my sister and niece. I normally go in with the intention of getting my usual staples, but a couple of items caught my attention which got my belly to rumble and the wheels in my brain to start turning.
I had been up since 3am, but I was still going to make a hungry girl dinner! I know the last couple of recipes included my cashew cheese, but I topped this one off with it too. It is just so damn good, I couldn’t resist!
- 3 scallions chopped up.
- 1 fennel (shaved with a mandolin)
- 2 or 2.5 (depending on taste) Heaping tbsp of Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste
- 2 ground cap fulls of Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning
- 1 package of Wellshire uncured turkey bacon (chopped into pieces)
- 2 lb bag of Key West Pink Shrimp, wild caught, peeled and deveined/ tail off.
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 2 baked acorn squash cut in half
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Avocado oil to coat the pan
- 1 cup of chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Make sure you cut your acorn squashes in half and scoop out the seeds. Lay face down on a foil covered or parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for about 45-50 mins on 375.
- While that is cooking, saute chopped scallions, garlic, and shaved fennel in avocado oil.
- Add in the 2 cap fulls of Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning.
But wait!!! What do you do with the broth that was leftover? It was so flavorful and delicious!
I had a package of sugar snap peas in my fridge and two packages of Trader Joe’s organic cauliflower rice in my freezer that needed to be used.