Who doesn’t love a good cookie? Who doesn’t love having a tasty cookie that is also healthy? Who doesn’t love having a cookie that is healthy, tasty and pretty?! This sounds too good to be true! It is like winning the cookie lottery!
Well folks, It exists! I call it the Pretty In Pink cookie. I am also keeping it line with the plantain theme from last week. These cookies are vegan, full of healthy fats, proteins and carbs.
- 2 ripe plantains
- 1/2 cup soaked dates for the batter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of golden flax meal
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup strawberries
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 dates
- 1 tbsp of golden flax meal
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, ball up a 50 cent size piece or silver dollar size piece of cookie batter/dough. The batter will be sticky. Place your thumbprint in the middle of each ball of dough so you have a nice indentation.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes on 350.
- While your cookies are baking, you can make your strawberry filling.
- In a sauce pan, combine the strawberries, 2 dates and water. Heat until right before it is about to boil.
- In a blender (I used my individual cup size Ninja blender) combine the contents. You only need to add a few tablespoons of the water from the saucepan.
- Add the tbsp of golden flax meal and blend.
The picture on the left is the contents in the sauce pan. The picture on the right is after everything is blended.
- Spoon the blended strawberry goodness into the thumbprints of each cookie. Place in the fridge to cool completely and then enjoy.