After doing the CrossFit Open of 17.4, I was craving something full of meat that would stick to my bones. I wanted flavor that would knock my socks off and I wanted my stomach to feel warm fuzzies.
Since my legs were super smokey, I had just enough leg power left to stand up to make this dish before I crashed. Boy was it worth it!
- Avocado oil to coat fry pan
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 limes. (1 for the onions and one for the golden beets after they have been cooked)
- 1.5 tsp of Thai Heat Stir Fry Seasoning by Urban Accents
- 1.5 tsp of coconut aminos
- salt and pepper if you want
- 2 tbsp of golden flax meal
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1.5 cups of peas
- 1 tsp of Trader Joe’s 21 Salute Seasoning
- 1 cup of cashew cheese or crumbled goat cheese
- Mix the onions into your ground bison gently and make into meatballs. Put them on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes on 375.