This weekend was full of excitement! I got the honor of promoting my business on the news, enjoying my business’ open house, babysitting my niece, and ending the weekend with trying one of those salt bath isolation tanks. Needless to say, I am happy and EXHAUSTED!
So what does a girl want to eat that soothes the soul and doesn’t leave her feeling too guilt ridden after a long weekend? Rice pudding. WHAT?!! I know I have already made that. However, I was thinking that I could make a lower carb version of it.
If we can make cauliflower rice, cauliflower mash, etc., why can’t we make cauliflower rice pudding? I am here to tell you WE CAN and IT IS DELICIOUS!!
- tsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract ( 1 tsp for the cooking cauliflower and 2 tsp for heating the non dairy milk of choice).
- 1 tsp of cinnamon or more to taste
- 1 bag of frozen organic cauliflower rice. Mine was from Whole foods.
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 3 cups of non dairy milk. I used homemade cashew milk.
- splash of water
- 2 tbsp of Great Lakes Grass Fed Gelatin
- In a saute pan, add the tsp of coconut oil, bag of cauliflower rice and tsp of vanilla extract. Cook until the cauliflower rice is cooked evenly and soft.
- Remove from heat and put aside in a bowl.
- In small bowls, scoop cooked cauliflower rice in the bottom of each bowl and then fill the rest of the way with contents from the blender. Put in the fridge to congeal.