Happy Monday and OMG… get ready tickle your taste buds and fill your bellies!
I got this random craving for lemon poppy seed cake late last week. I haven’t had this since I was a kid and it just hit me out of the blue. I was determined to recreate it so it was “Hillary approved.”
I have also been trying to reintroduce eggs back into my diet slowly… so this recipe was also a fun and delicious way to bring them back in. I am not sure how long they will stay, but even if it is short lived, it was/is a delicious visit.
Ingredients For Cake:
- 1 cup of cashew flour
- just shy of 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp basking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp grass fed gelatin (I use Great Lakes Gelatin)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 half cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 squeezed lemons)
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- 1 cup soaked pitted dates (plus the water the dates were soaking in)
- 2 tbsp of poppy seeds
- 1 cup cashew milk
- Put everything into a food processor and blend well.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil an pour contents into loaf pan.
- bake on 350 for about 45 mins.
- Do NOT even think about cutting until completely cool.
- place in fridge to cool.
Directions for French Toast: