Holy balls!!!! This recipe is one that I was aiming to be a fun appetizer to share with others. However, you have to be careful that you don’t eat the whole thing by yourself…
I hope everyone has a happy, healthy and safe Memorial Day weekend!!! Eat some tasty, healthy and beautiful foods!
- Simple Mills Artisan Bread
- 3 small golden beets shaved with a mandolin
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 and 1/2 handfuls of freshly chopped basil
- 2-3 cloves of freshly chopped garlic
- avocado oil for sauteing
- homemade cashew cheese
- Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning
- 2 flax eggs (I don’t use regular eggs)
Saute beets, garlic, mint, handful of basil, Everyday Seasoning until everything is nice and browned.
Prepare the Artisan Bread. There are three options for directions on the back. I used the middle option. I cut a piece of parchment paper for the bottom of the cake pan. I put half the batter and spread it in the bottom. I placed the beets and the rest of the basil over the batter.