Happy 4th of July! Get ready to pop these beauties into your pie hole!
Cookies are best when they are sweet yet not too sweet. I love them when there is a little crumble on the outside and then they are soft in the center. I also love figs. Seems like the perfect combination right…ummm if you are 80 years old or constipated! Truth be told, I just love figs… dried or fresh.
- 2 cups of almond or cashew flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried organic Smyrna Figs
- 1/2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Put everything except for the ginger into the food processor.
- Ball up and press gently on parchment paper on a cookie sheet in the oven on 350 for about 15-18 mins. Sprinkle the ginger on the cookies just before they go into the oven.