The best time to cook is when you have just a few things of this and a few things of that. You might be reading this and thinking I am absolutely nuts, but that is when you can be the most creative!
I had a couple fresh figs to use up, a nectarine, some cilantro, garlic… nothing major. I knew I had chicken as my protein source and needed to use up the rest of the herbs and fruit. Folks, I urge you- DON’T BE AFRAID TO PLAY IN YOUR KITCHEN! Bright and beautiful things can happen!
- 2.5 tbsp of coconut aminos to drizzle on top of chicken breasts
- 1/2 lime to squeeze on chicken breast
- fist full of cilantro
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- two freshly cut black mission figs
- 1 freshly cut nectarine
- olive oil to drizzle on top of chicken breasts and on baking dish
- 3 lbs of chicken breast
- sprinkle of Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning on top of chicken breast
- 2 chopped scallions
- Place some olive oil in bottom of baking dish and place chicken breasts on top.
- Squeeze lime over chicken breasts.
- Drizzle coconut aminos over chicken breasts.
- Put chopped herbs on chicken as well as fruit.
- I covered mine and let sit in the fridge over night and baked it the next morning. You can let it absorb the flavors for just a couple hours in the fridge if you want.