This past Sunday I officially hit my mid 30’s. I embraced it with some much needed r&r on the water. It was exactly what I needed. I also decided that a refreshing fruit crumble was in order for my birthday dessert. It wasn’t too heavy, just enough sweet, and just enough comfort.
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 nectarines
- 1 large plum
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
For the Crumble:
- 1/2 cup of chopped roasted chestnuts
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (more if you are nutty about cinnamon)
- tbsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded cococnut
- 1/4 cup of melted creamed coconut
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
In a separate mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the crumble. Mix very well. You might have to mix and mush it up your hands.
Next, put the crumble over the fruit and bake on 375 for about 35-40 minutes covered with foil. Bake for another 10 minutes uncovered.