Chocolate. CHECK. Soft baked cookies. CHECK. Cookies full of healthy ingredients that will make you feel great. CHECK.
I saw a recipe for chocolate cookies made with beet juice that looked delicious yet wasn’t quite compatible with my needs. I love anything with beets and love how energized they make me feel. How could a cookie with beets in them be wrong?!
- 3/4 cups of soaked dates (more if you want the cookies sweeter)
- 1/4 cup cashew flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp beet powder + 9 tbsp of water (I get my beet powder from Plum market)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maca power
- 1 cup of raisins
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- You may or may not need to add 1/2 cup of water depending if your batter needs a little more liquid or not.
- Put everything into the blender or food processor. except for the hemp seeds and raisins.
- Blend until everything is perfectly smooth.
- Once everything is blended, fold in the hemp seeds and raisins.
- Spoon silver dollar size cookies on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for about 15-17 mins on 350.