I love a good roll up for a couple different reasons.
- They always appear to be fancier than they actually are.
- They can be filled with anything you want.
- You really can’t go wrong whether they are filled with veggies or meat, they are all delicious.
This roll up was slightly time consuming, BUT super easy to make. There were just a lot of moving parts. Stick with it though. I promise it will be delicious.
Step 1. Make a spaghetti squash. (Cut in half. Scoop out the goop in the middle. Bake on a cookie tray face down on 375 for about 40 mins.)
Ingredients for the basil walnut filling:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 chopped scallions
- 8 oz of chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- olive oil or avocado oil for sauteing
- splash of water for blending
- Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (to taste)
- Trader Joe’s South African Smoke seasoning (to taste)
Directions for the basil walnut filling:
- Saute garlic, scallions, mushrooms and walnuts in olive oil or avocado oil until everything is bronzed.
- Add in the Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute and South African Smoke to taste.
Put your ingredients into the blender and add the cup of fresh basil. Blend with a splash of water.
Ingredients and Directions for the rest of the Roll up Madness:
Once your spaghetti squash in done in the oven, scoop out the squash and put in a bowl. Let it cool off. Mix in two heaping tablespoons of flax meal and some South African Smoke Seasoning.
Bake on 350 for about 40 minutes.