When you live with a chocoholic, you constantly have to figure out ways to keep chocolate in the house that is healthy, tasty and cures that chocolate itch. I had some pouches of organic, roasted chestnuts that my mom brought up to me when she came to visit two weekends ago. Because they have such a sweet, starchy and nutty flavor, I knew I could turn them into a sweet treat. The kitchen magic started to happen…
- 1.5 cups of roasted chestnuts
- 1.5 cups of almond flour or cashew flour
- 2.5 tsp of beet powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal +6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- On a parchment covered cookie sheet, place cookies on sheet and back on 350 for about 15-17 minutes depending on thickness.
- Let cool and then indulge.