Is it vegan? Yes! Is it paleo? Yes! Is it delicious? Yes! Now that I figured out how to make bacon bits out of coconut and I figured out how to make oozy, gooey cheese from cashews, it only seems right to put them together in a lovely casserole. I also think this casserole is deserving of a road trip to the Orange County house wife Vicki…anyone?…crickets ANYHOO….
My point is, it is super delicious and you should totally make it! It would be a great side dish to pass for Thanksgiving as well!
- 2 chopped portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of coconut aminos
- 1 tsp of Trader Joe’s South African Smoke Seasoning
- Olive oil for sauteing
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s organic frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 baked spaghetti squash
- 1 cup of Coconut Bacon chopped small for the casserole
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Bacon chopped small for veggie saute
- 1 tbsp of coconut bacon blended with cashew cheese
- 1 full batch of cashew cheese
- 2 tbsp of flax meal
- Saute onion, garlic, mushrooms, spinach and cauliflower rice together.
- Add in a bit of super chopped up coconut bacon for some flavor…just a couple tablespoons. Add some coconut aminos.
- Make your cheese, but when you do add in 3 tbsp of South African Smoke Seasoning to make it super smokey and add a tbsp of coconut bacon to make it like a bacon cheese.
- Once your squash is done in the oven, scoop it out into a casserole dish.
- Add the cup of chopped up coconut bacon.
- Mix in your sauteed veggies and cashew cheese.
- mix in the flax meal.
- Bake on 375 for about 45 mins.