I love a really good chicken dish that is simple and has really healthy and beautiful ingredients. This dish incorporates some lovely, heart healthy ingredients that get my taste buds buzzing!
- 1.5 lbs of organic boneless skinless chicken breast (if you want the skin and bone you can)
- 1 tbsp of coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped organic black kalamata olives
- 1 chopped steamed red beet (I use the precooked package of red beets)
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- Sprinkle of Spice Cave Sea seasoning (I know it says Sea, but it tastes good on everything)
- A bit of avocado oil for the baking dish
- Put a bit of avocado oil in the baking dish.
- Lay the chicken down and squeeze the lime over the chicken.
- Put the balsamic and the coconut aminos on the chicken as well.
- Layer the chicken with the olives, beets, garlic and seasoning.
- cover with plastic wrap and let it soak up all the flavors for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, cover with aluminum foil and make a few dashes with a knife in the foil. Bake on 350 for about 30 mins.
- If you have skin on your chicken, or you want to just brown a little on the top and make a little extra juicy, then the last minute or two, broil your chicken uncovered.