I think I have been living under a rock! I was just introduced to the wonderful world of the convection setting on my oven. I have been avoiding it like the plague, because for some unknown reason I was just scared of it. A friend of mine assured me that it was nothing to fear. I decided to get out of my own way and try this thing once and for all. HOLY MOLY !!!! I don’t think I could ever make a chicken using any other setting.
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 3-4 cloves of garlic cut in big chunks
- 2 meyer lemons
- 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar or pomegranate vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup of organic chicken bone broth
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil
- tandoori masala spice to taste
- 3 tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Trader Joe’s chicken Grilling seasoning to taste (I was a little heavy handed with this)
- olive oil
- Put some olive oil on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Cut up one meyer lemon and put it up the tushy of the chicken.
- In a small bowl, squeeze the other lemon and add the vinegar and the coconut aminos and the bone broth.
- Pour this over the chicken.
- Cut up the garlic and put it under the skin of the chicken.
- Put the tandoori seasoning and chicken grilling seasoning over the chicken.
- Pat the shredded coconut over the chicken.
- Add some coconut oil on top of the chicken.
- Bake on the convection setting for 2 hours at 325.
- About halfway through spoon some of the drippings over the chicken.